This application lets you configure the blue F button of your HTC ChaCha. No root access required — simply install the application and choose what the button should do. It is possible to configure separate actions for short-click and long-press events.
This is a free application with a limited number of configurable actions. If you need more functions, such as starting arbitrary applications or controlling phone's media player, feel free to acquire the full version.
How to use:
Once you install the application, click the blue F button on your phone. The phone will ask you whether it should launch "Custom F-Button action" or "Facebook for HTC Sense" (see screenshots). Check the "Use by default for this action" option, and then click "Custom F-Button action". Now you can choose what should be done when you click the Facebook button. Repeat the same for the long press, and you are done.
* Device control
- Change ringer mode (normal/vibrate/silent)
- Toggle Bluetooth
- Toggle Wi-Fi
- Toggle mobile data
- Toggle flashlight
- Change screen brightness (min/normal/max)
- Expand status bar
- Show Home screen
* Open web address (URL)
* Open F-Button config
* Start application (in full version)
* Social networks (in full version)
- Post to Facebook
- Facebook Places checkin
- Post to Twitter (via Peep)
- Post to Twitter (via official app)
- Post to Google+
- Post to vKontakte (vk.com)
* Media player control (in full version)
- Go to next track
- Go to previous track
For questions, issues and feature requests, please use this forum thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1440515
- Most probably will not work on AT&T Status and HTC Salsa.
- Requires firmware version 1.23 or higher (check yours in Settings - About phone - Software information - Software number).
- Some applications (such as Gallery, Camera and Opera Mini) override the Facebook key internally, so it might not be possible to detect short clicks of the Facebook button in these applications. However, long press should always be detected correctly.
Use of permissions:
- Create Bluetooth connections, Bluetooth administration: to turn Bluetooth on/off.
- Change Wi-Fi state: to turn Wi-Fi on/off.
- Camera (Take pictures and videos): to turn on the camera's LED flash (Flashlight function).
- View network state, Change network connectivity: to toggle mobile data.
- Modify global system settings: to change screen brightness.
Polish localization - Krzysztof Lojowski
Facebook button for HTC ChaCha, HTC Cha Cha, custom key mapping, FB remap
F-Button Lite for HTC ChaCha is a free trial software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-06-02. The program can be installed on Android 2.2 and up.
F-Button Lite for HTC ChaCha (version 1.09) has a file size of 75.50 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 38 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.